9 reasons to buy/NOT buy Drakes Pride PRO-50 lawn bowls.
7 reasons to buy:
- Unique grip option only available in this model
- Extends from hugely popular Professional model
- Very versatile. Great for indoor and outdoor play
- Great line for leads. Especially when outdoors
- Gradual draw and clean finish makes draw shots much easier
- Can be used across any team positions when playing indoors
- Striking colour choices
2 reasons to not buy:
- Bias may be too narrow on outdoor rinks in late position play
- Only available in dimple grip, so no ridge grip option
The PRO-50 has all the benefits of the hugely popular Professional model, with the added benefit of the unique grip. It is the perfect model for any bowler who wants a versatile bowl. It’s just as comfortable on the indoor rinks as it is outdoors. With quality grip options and colours you can be guaranteed to find something to your tastes.
The PRO-50 is based off of the Professional model with it’s “Mid biased” profile, sitting between the d-tec and XP models. Because of the bias used, the PRO-50 can be played equally on indoor and outdoor rinks. The bias will mean your line will be slightly narrow compared to other models in this price bracket, but will allow for a decent swing on indoor surfaces.
This model is ideal for any bowler who plays lead, or even a 2 in a four rink. This is due to the narrow line, and the clean even finish. A gradual draw is the PRO-50’s bread and butter!
The line is less of an issue indoors so can be used when playing a variety of team positions.
As you’d expect the Drakes Pride PRO-50 comes in sizes 00 to 5, and will be available in “Heavyweight”. The lack of a “Middle weight” option may put some off, however, this is the norm these days, and with Drakes Pride following the World Bowls sizing standards you can be confident in getting the right size.
Top quality bowls from a leading manufacturer
Amazon verified customer
As with the other Drakes Pride models, the PRO-50 bowl comes in 20 different colour choices.
The colour choices are striking, as you’d expect. We can’t decide exactly which is our favourite, let us know which one you prefer.